Wednesday, September 19, 2012

So, we moved to Montana...

In case you are new, or just missed the memo, we have recently relocated to Montana for Cory's work. 
No, he is not a mountaineer... I just really like this picture...




After about 3 months in a hotel we are finally in our house! Boy, is it nice to be out of the hotel... Cory's parents came up for a long weekend and helped us unpack. Everything. We don't even have that one last box hiding in a corner... it is ALL unpacked. 

We managed to sneak off for an afternoon and take his parents up the Beartooth Pass.  

So, while we are all unpacked, I don't think I would say we are settled. At least, I'm not. It is really hard for me to feel at "Home" here... we were so close with our family and friends in Fargo/Moorhead and now it is just us. It just isn't "Home" yet. I am pretty sure we can blame most of it on hormones and anxiety... We are rapidly approaching the arrival Tiny and I feel SO unprepared. I was super anxious with Grace too, but we had several people, and the hospital, within a few blocks. Now we are about 20 minutes out and have 1 friend who can watch Grace for us... I'm kind of freaking out. (Ok, I'm totally freaking out...) But once she gets here I am sure things will start to feel more settled and homey.

You may be wondering what I have been up to since we are all unpacked already.... Honestly, there has been alot of napping going on around here... I feel super guilty, but its the truth... I have been napping almost as much as Grace lately...
 
Unfortunately, I didn't get a ton done when I had energy because we were in the hotel, and now I have NO energy... I have been slowly working on a few things though, these are just a few of the projects I have finished lately:

 I made some cute fall clippies! I am in love with the stripe and the owls...


I made a couple pieces of wall art for the girls' room. I really like this one, the other one... not so much :/

 Painting with Grace! She loves to paint and create as much as I do. :) I gave her a blank board book I had bought to make a "family" book. Now it is her very own little art journal.

 First wreath of the season! I had visions of this in my head for months before I got around to completing it... I am kind of in love with how it came out.

 Supply runs! Grace loves to go to the "Crapt" store with me. Cory loves that she calls it the "Crapt" store because all he hears is "crap" and thinks its pretty fitting...

I had to make new throw pillows because I was too embarrassed to have Cory's co-worker see the old ones... Of all the things I have made int he last year and a half, Cory is most impressed by my ability to make pillows... go figure.


 I must have been nesting real bad, because I got up from a different project to go make her these little lounge pants... She pretty much loves them, so that is justification enough for me!




Wreath number 2!
I had toyed with the idea of the twig wreaths last year, and finally just went for it. I really like how it came out! 


 Christmas Clippies!
I just finished a small set of these clippies today. I hope to get them, and the wreaths, listed on Etsy later this week.

This is a really terrible picture, but here is a sneak peak at what I am working on for Unglued. I am absolutely LOVING yellow and grey right now...

I am working on getting a bunch of pieces made for Unglued before Tiny gets here, (which feels like, you know, tomorrow...) I am always open to suggestions or special requests, so please feel free to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment