Thursday, January 19, 2012

All tied up

So, as I mentioned yesterday, I made Grace a bow-tie shirt for Terry's retirement party this morning. Everyone loved it, and they totally got that it was just for Terry! That was the best part. I have to say, she was pretty stinkin' cute...


(She was pretty beat when we got home, so I had to settle for a snapshot with her puppy for now.)

Last night I finally tried my hand at an idea I had been thinking about for a little while now. Several months ago Cory came home with a bag of ties from a gal at work. Her husband had cleaned out his stash, and she thought Cory would like them... lets just say there is a reason her husband purged them from his stash... He picked out a few and gave me the rest. 

At first I really wasn't sure what to do with them, I thought maybe I could just take them apart and make some twisted flowers (which I still might do.) But then I cam up with a cool new idea, I think... I am not really sure what you would call these, but here they are:




I just took the tip of the tie, gathered it up into a nice shape, and added buttons from my mom's old stash. I finished them off with large alligator clips on the back, but you could put them on headbands too.

 (I had a heck of a time getting a picture of these darn things in my hair. This is the best I could do for now...)


 While Cory thinks otherwise, I think they are kinda cute. I have a BUNCH more ties, so I think I will see what else I can come up with tonight. :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment