Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm plaid for plaid!



Ok, so first came the little tiny bows, they are so stinkin' cute I became a little obsessed... Then, was the notion to turn them into bow-ties. From there you logically end up in PLAID! Its a no-brainer really. 

I started out making little bow-ties for boys t-shirts. I think they came out super cute! These are the first couple that I made as gifts for Christmas:



I ran across this fabric and initially I thought, "Easter!" then I thought "Grace!" I made this shirt and hair clip for her to wear at a friend's retirement party tomorrow. He worked in suits and we have never seen him in casual clothes, so we thought it would be kind of a cute/funny homage.





I fell in love with how the flower came out, so I started twisting up all kinds of different fabrics I had initially bought for ties. The result is super fun; kind of nerdy, a little vintage, even a touch "shabby."



No comments:

Post a Comment